Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Week

Okay so I get this all the time, how can I lose 10 pounds and how can I lose it fast. For most people, this can be done easily within a week because their already overweight, if you're currently a fitness freak, then this may work for you, if it's out of the norm of your current diet.

So if you got this far, I'm going to assume your overweight, and by overweight I don't mean dramatically obese, I'm talking about above average, which happens to be the vast majority in the United States. I'm going to give you an example of things I would eat throughout the week below, but I want you to try to understand what's going on before you go ahead and try this.

One of the major reasons people are overweight is sugar. Yes, sugar. We all love sugar, and just about everything contains it. Your favorite drink, food, it gives just about everything that flavor. Well if you want to drop the weight, you need to drop the sugar. It's not hard, it just makes your meals boring and leaves you feeling less satisfied.

Next thing is Carbs (which sugar happens to be), you need to cut this out. Now this isn't the Atkin's diet, you don't need to cut out carbs completely, but your daily carb intake should be about 20-30 grams. I've had this discussion many times with people, and I've come to the conclusion that the average person is taking in anywhere from 80-200 grams of a carbs a day! Sounds insane? If you're not on a diet, mark down what you eat on a daily basis, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Note that downing your carbs quickly like this, you're going to feel a little weak the first few days and this is normal because your body uses carbs for fuel, but if you really want to drop the 10 pounds without starving yourself this is how you can do it. Keep in mind that starving yourself is not the answer, it's not good for your body, and anyone who recommends it, is an idiot.

So here goes the list of what you can eat and drink throughout the week to lose those ten pounds:

Drinks:
  • Water
  • Diet Snapple
  • Diet Coke
  • Diet Pepsi
  • Diet Anything (that contains close to no carbs)

Foods:
  • Grilled Chicken Breast
  • Grilled Pork
  • Tuna
  • Salmon
  • Flounder
  • Beef (Ex: Hotdogs)
  • Sausage
  • Eggs

Absolutely Not:
  • Ice Cream
  • Yogurt (though healthy in most cases, will not accomplish what we're trying to do here.)
  • Salad (the reason I listed salad, is because nobody eats plain salad, and dressing is a NO!)
  • Bagels
  • Bread
  • Ketchup
  • Milk
  • Juice (Ex: Orange Juice, Apple Juice)

Okay to cover one last thing, the foods that I just listed that you can eat are fine, but you are not to mix them with any kind of sauce. Yes, you heard me, your jaw dropped, I know. It sucks, there's not much flavor, but flavor in most cases is bad because it contains sugar. So eat that grilled chicken breast plain, with nothing on it, same goes for the pork, sausage, etc.

What I tend to do is eat the same thing all day long. For example on Monday, I'll get up and drink a protein shake (I don't recommend this for losing weight, I drink this to maintain muscle), then around lunch time I'll get a grilled chicken breast, plain, nothing on it. Usually I don't finish it, so I'll eat it throughout the day, and I'll eat as much as I want of it whenever I want throughout the day. This is fine, over eating any of the foods I listed is fine, stuff your face, you'll still lose the weight.

You don't have to conform yourself to only eating just chicken breast throughout the day, feel free to mix it in with any of the other foods listed. Do this for seven days, and I promise you will lose ten pounds. I, myself have done this, and had three other people try it as well, and it worked for all of us. Now of course in life there are no guarantee's, but if you strictly stick to this diet and don't cheat, you should see results and you should see them fast.

You don't have to stop after seven days, you can keep going with this routine, and I'm sure if you're that dedicated into losing the weight, you'll find other foods that I haven't listed which are low carb that you can add on to this list as well.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment